Wednesday, April 15, 2009

He Really is My Kid!


Sometimes it is really fun when you look at your kid and know that there is some of you in there.


Twice now, Curtis has come up to me, bringing his sandals, and said: "Mommy, shoes on?" He likes to wear his shoes! I myself have this preference for wearing shoes as well. When we moved down to Texas, one of the hardest parts of our adjustment was the custom for folks around here to automatically remove their shoes upon entering anyone's house. I tried....For the first few months, I would follow suit, and remove me shoes, but, then I realized that I really like wearing my shoes. I now know which of my friends and neighbors really care (because I would ask them if I should take them off when I would visit) and I try to keep my shoes on my feet most of the time. Luckily, I have cool friends, and I have found some nice sandals to wear in the hot weather most of the time down here.


Anyway, I am glad that my little guy has some similarities to me...even if he does look just like Clint.

1 comment: